Monday, November 21, 2011

Lily turned 3!!!

Ok, so I'm a little late with her birthday post since it was actually October 17 :) But as you will see from the slideshow...our life has been so FULL lately. We celebrated her birthday for an entire week and it was so much fun! It started with a visit from Grami and Poppy and ended a week later with a birthday party with her friends at Brantley Farms. I'm not sure if I'm trying to catch my breath from the speed of "life" these days or from the fact that my BABY is now 3 years old! There are so many things about these daze that I'm trying to keep track of b/c I don't want to forget all of her adorable, hilarious, peculiar, hysterical, bright, odd....ways. Here are a few:

Her favorite things:
  • Songs – Stuck Like Glue, Out of the Overflow of the Mouth the Heart Speaks, Nothing is Impossible with God, Drop it Like it’s Hot (from the Sun Drop commercial)
  • Food – tacos, CANDY, bluberry pancakes, hummus, peas or beans, GUMMIES, pickles, feta cheese, olives
  • When she goes to bed at night we have a very strict ritual – snack, juice, must have ALL of her animals (George, George’s best friend, Little George, Bongo, My first puppy and My first teddy, and Blankie), Mommy and Daddy must both be laying down with her and we read a book, say our prayers and tell stories about “when I was a little girl/boy”
  • Loves to swing and play outside with Bingo, catch lizards and put them in her bug box (they are all named Lizzie), pick flowers for Mommy, paint, color, hula hoop, sing songs into the microphone and dance, play board games, play dress up, and watch her favorite shows
  • Has a morning routine with her Daddy – feed the chickens and the deer and ride around in the “big ‘ole truck”
  • Shows – Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Little Einsteins, “Long hair Dora”
  • Movies – Tangled, Frosty the Snowman
  • Color – pink
  • Likes to dress herself, smell the books when we read them ??, play “going for a picnic”
Funny sayings and conversations:
  • She was eating lunch and Daddy cut her sandwich with a heart shaped cookie cutter….when she ate it she said “ohhh, my heart is broken” and then she looked at Daddy’s lunch and said “I don’t like halomingos….when I’m a big person I might but right now I don’t like halomingos.”
  • Ate a piece of her Halloween candy and it was hard and tasted funny and she said “what were those people thinking?”
  • Telling Daddy a story about when “she was a little girl”….”I had a dog with a bad attitude and his name was Keri Alyce”
  • “Daddy, you need to cut your hair and your whiskers are getting too big”
  • In the truck with her Daddy “Let’s get some music goin’ on in here” “Daddy, do dogs have lips? Bingo doesn’t have any lips.”
  • Told her it was time for a nap and she responded “I’ll need a pickle, candy, & cheese; I’ll get George, George’s best friend, Bongo, Little George…. And I’ll need to wipe my hands on your shirt, I already ate my pickle.”
  • “Daddy, you see this on my knee? I may need some headache-in-my-knee medicine.” And then she started hula hoopin’
  • We were watching Fox News and she said “Bingo is a terrorist” and Daddy said “he is?” Lily said “yeah, that lady just said terrorist”
  • “Come on Daddy, class is starting”
  • When Joe was having trouble with his leg – “Daddy is there anything I can help you with?” He said “no thanks” and she said “ok then, you can come help me paint….it won’t hurt your leg.”
  • Put on her “balleret” outfit and said “My mommy thinks I’m beautiful”
  • Got up from her nap “is Mommy home yet? When she gets here I will say ‘boo’ and she will say ‘boo’”
  • Asked Daddy to make her some tea and said “we have to check the gredients, it’s importenent”
  • Found acorns in the driveway and we told her they were seeds that came off the trees – she said “that’s amazing”
  • “I think my food didn’t idgest”
  • “Daddy, will you peel this orange for me?” Yes maam “Actually, I’m gonna need some candy.”
  • She was on the potty and told her Daddy, “I fell in the big potty one time”. “I know you did, you have to be careful”. “Why did I fall in it?” “Well, your booty is small and that hole in the potty seat is big”. “No, I think I just lost my balance”.
  • Got a new watch and Mommy asked her what time it was and she said, “Snuggle-time”.
  • Remembered that her snow white doll was in her back pack after a week or more and said “and her legs are up”. Sure enough the dolls legs were sticking straight up.
  • Went up to the TV and pointed at the words and said “Daddy, Jake and the Neverland Pirates are coming on
  • Her and Daddy were laying in bed watching a show and he said “look at us Mommy, aren’t we cute?” “Lily, aren’t we cute?” and she said “I suppose so”
  • "nationwide is on your side"
  • Daddy trying to explain something to her and he said "it's hard to explain" and Lily said "heeey, we can complicate it!"
  • “how much money do you need?” “all of it!”
  • Playing in her playroom and Daddy peeked in “Daddy, you can’t come in here we are doing some business”
  • Loves picking flowers and talking to the trees
  • “Mommy, earth is a planet and it’s God’s”
  • Daddy telling her something and she said “ok, whatever you say”
  • “Mommy, let’s take for a walk”
  • Spread a blanket and got all of her monkeys to read them a book and had one in her lap “are you comfortable?” Read the book and licked her fingers to turn the pages, looks at George right in the eyes and is so gentle and sweet to him
  • “The problem with coyotes is that they just go wild….but they are in their cages, we heard them last night."
  • Woke up from a nap and said "Am I 5 yet?" no, not yet. "Well, I'm still 3 and I'm getting growed up. When I was 2 I couldn't hula hoop but now I can."
Oh, my sweet girl. Don't grow up too fast. But, as we walk through these precious days with you we will hold your hand and enjoy the blessings. We love you, Mommy and Daddy

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow design customized with Smilebox

No comments: